Case Study Challenge #175

Monday, January 27, 2014

Hey! I'm excited to share my latest creation with you today! When I saw the card for this week's challenge over at CASE Study (by Donna Mikasa), I was blown away! Isn't it just STUNNING?! I absolutely fell in love with it right away.


I wanted to use my new Avery Elle stamps. I have been drooling over their stamps (and dies) for quite a while, and finally got my hands on a couple sets!


I love the brightly colored inks combined with the black, so I decided to use that as my inspiration for my card. First, the main panel was stamped randomly with Versamark ink, then heat embossed with black embossing powder. Then, using a Tim Holtz blending tool, I applied orange, red, and pink ink to cover the entire piece of card stock. I don't know about you, but I think it's so fun to watch the plain white card stock transform into a colorful piece! The "merci" sentiment is embossed in gold ep on a narrow piece of black card stock, and popped up with foam tape.

What do you think? I would love any feedback you have :)

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies: 
Stamps: Avery Elle - Suzani, Petals and Stems (sentiment)
Cardstock: PTI - Rustic White; SU - Basic Black
Ink: PTI - Orange Zest; TH Distress Ink - Fired Brick,Victorian Velvet
Other: Black, Gold embossing powder; Foam Tape

2 comments:

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS