PTI Makie it Monday #62 - Step it Up: Layering

Sunday, April 22, 2012

I'm thrilled to have had some time to participate in this week's PTI Make it Monday! I sure learned some great tips from Betsy Veldman's video over on Nichole Heady's blog, so if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend you check it out!


I used the Mat Stack 5 Collection stamp set...one of my Favorite. Stamp. Sets. Of. All. Time! :) I don't think I will EVER get tired of using it!

So, the first one is a one layer card. It's actually very simple. I used the large label stamp, and stamped it 3 times so it bleeds off the bottom edge.


Do you recognize the Congrats stamp? Well, it's from the Signature Greetings set, but it says "Congrats You Did It!". I didn't want the "you did it!" part, so I masked off those words with a post-it note, and then finished off the "g" with a black marker!

For the second card, I found some great black and white striped paper in my stash that I thought was perfect! On top of that, I layered a smaller panel of cardstock with the main design and sentiment. For the label images, I diecut all three, and popped up the middle one with foam dimensionals. For an added touch, black pearl stickers were added to the top corners.


Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear your feedback on this MIM! Have a great week!

Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Mat Stack 5 Collection, Signature Greetings
Cardstock: PTI -White
Patterned Paper: Be & My Big Ideas
Ink: SU - Purely Pomegranate, So Saffron; StazOn - Black
Other: PTI - Mat Stack 5 Die; Pearl Stickers; Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! NICE stamping! You've made some incredibly bold and striking cards - LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS