Uniko Challenge Reminder

Friday, August 28, 2015

Hi there! Just popping in today to remind you that there is one more week left to join in on the current Uniko Challenge! The theme is SUMMER with an optional twist to use the image below for inspiration. Check it out:



I chose to just keep it simple and use a Summer theme without the photo for inspiration. Butterflies definitely remind me of summer so I decided to go that route. I am LOVING this card SO much! I think it's one of my personal favorites...EVER. ;)



The background is stamped using a medium grey ink. There is a diecut behind the butterfly using vellum. The butterfly was stamped on watercolor paper using Ranger Archival Ink. I colored it in using Ranger Distress Markers and then blended it with a water brush. The butterfly body is covered in Sparkle n Sprinkle glitter for a super sparkly finish! A few sequins on the card base add a bit more interest.

Thanks for stopping by today...I would love to hear what you think! Make sure to check out the Uniko blog for the design team's cards!

Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio - English Country Garden, Natures Treasures I
Die: Top Dog Dies - Pocket Page Banner Die Set
Cardstock: PTI - White
Specialty Paper: Ranger/Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper; Vellum
Ink: Lawn Fawn - Hippo; Ranger - Archival (Black)
Other: Ranger/Tim Holtz Distress Markers, Water Brush, Foam tape, Sparkle n Sprinkle Cloud 9 Glitter, Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Sequins, Silver Sequins - Joanns

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I love the background you created, it really allows that beautiful butterfly to pop! The vellum die cut is super too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply swooning here Nicki.
    Your card is AWESOME! Beautiful striking colours to the butterfly and the muted background of natural treasures is so effective and stunning. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the background of greys and the contrast of the bright butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful summery card, the butterfly is so striking in those colours and popped up over the complimentary stamped background = perfection. LOVE it! Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty, Nicki ... the delicate neutral stamping provides the perfect background for this wonderfully bright and vibrant butterfly! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS