CASE Study DT Search Challenge

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hello! I'm here to showcase a card I made for the CASE Study Design Team Search Challenge. The challenge is to choose our own "Muse" (anyone in the crafting industry whose work I look up to), and choose a project of theirs to CASE.

I have many Muses, but today I chose to CASE one of Betsy Veldman's cards. Since my style is mostly clean and simple, I chose Betsy because she uses lots of layers, lots of detail, and I also LOVE her color combinations. So her artwork is definitely "out of my comfort zone", but I welcome the challenge! It was a lot of fun!

Card by Betsy Veldman. Go here to see her blog post.

Here is the card I created. As you can see, I used the same color combo, and turned it for a horizontal layout. Using a Spellbinders die, I layered some stamped die cuts with foam tape for the focal point. Each piece of cardstock has ink around the edges to give even more dimension. A few dots of Stickles in the corners, and a couple buttons with twine finish off the card.

MY CARD!

Supplies
Stamps: PTI - Quilled Elegance
Cardstock: PTI - Rustic Cream
Ink: Stampin' Up! - Cool Caribbean, So Saffron; TH Distress - Pumice Stone
Other: Spellbinders Die, Buttons - PTI, Twine, Silver Stickles, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS