Magical Birthday

Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Thursday everyone! I'm over on the MarkerPOP blog today sharing a unicorn card. I can't believe how popular unicorns are lately. It brings flashbacks to my childhood and My Little Ponies ;) I made this card for a special little girl who's turning 5 soon!

This card features Avery Elle stamps and dies. The light grey card stock was die cut using the largest die from the Sweet Scallops die set. It's the same size as a regular 4.25" x 5.5" card base. It's mounted to a Neenah Solar White card stock base. The stars, clouds, and stitched oval die are all cut from Neenah Solar White as well.


The rainbow & unicorn from the Be a Unicorn stamp set are stamped with VersaMark ink and heat embossed with black embossing powder. I used the following Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers and a Waterbrush to color in the rainbow and the unicorn's mane, tail, and hooves: 21 Light Carmine, 29 Geranium Red, 50 Yellow, 70 Orange, 45 Pale Green, 47 May Green, 36 Light Blue, 32 Persian Blue, 83 Lilac, 80 Violet, 91 Light Gray. The star and horn on the unicorn are colored in with Clear Wink of Stella for a hint of sparkle! I also just fussy cut both pieces because I don't have the coordinating die for this set, but you can find it in the MarkerPOP store!


The sentiment is black heat embossed on the smallest oval from the Sweet Scallops die set. All the stars are also die cut from that set, and the clouds are die cut from the Special Delivery die set. The rainbow, unicorn, and oval are all popped up with foam tape.


Thank for popping in today! I hope you have enjoyed my project! Happy crafting!

Nicki
my instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS