We Flamin-go Together!

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Hello crafty friends! I'm over on the MarkerPOP blog today sharing this super cute CAS flamingo card! I made this for my husband since our anniversary is coming up!

To start off, I used a Neenah Solar White card stock base. The Avery Elle "celebrate" die cuts also are Neenah Solar White, as well as the Lawn Fawn Flamingo Together palm trees and MFT banner die cut that "flamin-go" is on. The green part of the palm trees are stamped in Altenew's Forest Glades, and the brown pieces are stamped with Dark Chocolate.


The flamingos were stamped on watercolor card stock with VersaMark embossing ink, then heat embossed with black embossing powder. Using ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers in 028 Pale Pink & 021 Light Carmine, I colored in the flamingos lightly, and then used a water brush to blend the colors together. The beaks use ZIG CCRB 095 Dark Gray. Then they were die cut using Lawn Fawn's Flamingo Together die set. The heart was colored in using ZIG CCRB 024 Wine Red, then finished with a coat of Clear Wink of Stella.


Underneath the two groups of palm trees, I used ZIG CCRB 091 Light Gray to quickly color a shadow under them to ground them. The palm trees were adhered directly to the card base. The sentiment was stamped using black ink. The celebrate die cuts were adhered directly to the card base for some added texture, and a fun way to include another sentiment without taking away too much from the main sentiment. Since the card is being used as an anniversary card, I thought "celebrate" was perfect to include on it ;)


The flamingos were attached to the card base using foam tape, and the heart was glued directly to them.

I hope I've inspired you today! Thanks for stopping by!

Nicki
my instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS