Top Dog Dies - Spring Card

Thursday, January 29, 2015




Welcome back to another Top Dog Dies Thursday! I hope to bring you a little happiness today as I have a spring card to share!

The Hummingbird/Flower die-cut was cut using watercolor paper. Then, using Ranger Distress markers, I colored the bird, leaves, and flower. It didn't have to be perfectly colored, just needed to get some ink onto the paper. Once I was finished, I used a mini mister to spray water over the image. The ink blends SO nicely together, and you never know what you're gonna end up with! I waited for it to dry, and was very happy with the end result!! I think this technique is so much fun!


For the bottom strip of color, I did the same technique. This time though, I just used a plain piece of watercolor paper and colored random strokes across the paper, using the same colors in the die-cut piece. Then sprayed with water and let dry. The top piece of white cardstock is die-cut with a fun border die! (supply links are at the bottom of the post)


Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope I inspired you today ;)


Supplies:
Stamps: Uniko Studio - Paradise - Hummingbird
Dies: Top Dog Dies - Bird Trio Die Set, Dotted Borders Die Set
Inks and Markers: Ranger Distress - Mustard Seed, Wild Honey, Bundled Sage, Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass, Dusty Concord; Stampin' Up - Lavender Lace

2 comments:

  1. This literally took my breath away, Nicki! I have a thing for hummers, true, but the whole design and your stunning watercoloring just make this card CASlicious in every way!! So pinning! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and love the watercolour technique and colours you've used. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS