Birthday Butterfly

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthday cards are what I seem to make the most! This card is for my step-mom. Happy Birthday, Carol! I bought some heavy vellum, white dye ink and embossing powder, and Spica markers from a company called Sweet Stamps not too long ago at a Rubber Stamp show. They had some beautiful samples of parchment crafting and I wanted the supplies to try it myself. Although mine looks quite different than their samples, I'm still enjoying the way this butterfly turned out. I used the white dye ink and embossing powder to create the butterfly. Then, I used the Spica markers to color in the butterfly on the front side of the vellum because I wanted the 'twinkles' to show up! If you color on the back of the vellum, you get a much softer, lighter look than what I have done here. I will have to play around more with these tools to see what I can come up with. In the meantime, enjoy the Birthday Butterfly!


Supplies:
Stamps: Stampin' Up - Time Well Spent (butterfly), Warmest Regards (Happy Birthday),
Cardstock: Stampin' Up - Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron
Ink: Stampin' Up -Bravo Burgundy; Sweet Stamps - White Dye Ink and White Embossing Powder
Punches: Stampin' Up - Photo Corners, Modern Label, Circle
Ribbon: Offray
Other: Sizzix Big Shot: Perfect Polka Dots Stampin' Up! Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Heavy Vellum, Spica Markers: Garnet, Baby Blue, Sand, Buttermilk

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS