Make it Monday #39 - background building

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Oh boy do I LUUVVV this week's PTI Make it Monday!! Creating your own custom background papers using stamps is just limitless!! I would make 100 cards for this challenge if I only had the time ;)

November is a very busy card month for me. My hubby, dad, and bro-in-law all have Nov bdays! Plus, we have a wedding to attend next week, so I gotta get on the ball and make a card for that too! :)

Well, I am ahead of the game a little for one b-day card (I am notorious for making last-minute cards!) thanks to this MIM!

My hubby loves music. Playing it, listening to it, talking about it, and singing along with it (often times changing very nice lyrics to very inappropriate ones) :/ Anyway, I finally got my hands on a couple "Dude" stamp sets, and I'm just loving them! My very girly stamp collection was in desperate need of some masculinity ;)

To highlight the guitar, I adhered it to the black diecut, popped up the diecut and the sentiment for added dimension. I love how this turned out....I think it's pretty Rockin'! :D




Supplies:
Stamps: Papertrey Ink - Boy Basics: Rock On; Grunge Me
Cardstock: PTI - White; SU - Going Gray, Basic Black
Ink: SU - Cherry Cobbler, Elegant Eggplant; TH Distress Ink - Pumice Stone, Tea Dye, Faded Jeans
Other: Nesties Circles, Dimensionals

1 comment:

  1. This is SUPER DUPER CUTE!!! I love that set!!!

    CONGRATS on your first publishing in 365!! I take each page at a time, and can't wait to see your card!! HUGS sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS