Papertrey February Blog Hop Challenge

Wednesday, February 25, 2015




Hello! I have a fun watercolor card to share today for this month's PTI Blog Hop. This inspiration photo was all it took for me to make sure I absolutely participated in the blog hop this month! Isn't it just gorgeous?! Those colors are so ME! I was so excited to have this as my inspiration ;)

So, I wanted to basically replicate the look above. The hexagon cover plate popped into mind, and I randomly water colored the background layer using the same colors. I'm still relatively new to this water coloring thing, so it was kinda experimental!! I really LOVE the look though.


The sentiment is from Fancy That and is stamped with True Black ink on vellum. A few sequins add a finishing touch!

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy the rest of the hop!

Supplies: 
Stamps: PTI - Fancy That
Paper: PTI - White; Strathmore - Watercolor; Vellum
Die: PTI - Hexagon Cover Plate
Other: Watercolor Paints - Hobby Lobby, Sequins

11 comments:

  1. Your watercolouring is truly amazing! I love how bright and happy the colours are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this! Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great, Nicki! I love your color choices together! I'm pretty new to it, too, but love doing it every chance I get. I recently bought some Brushos and that will be a whole nother fun painty thing!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Pretty! The vellum and sequins are a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This background is amazing! Just my style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I absolutely love the background you created!! Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty - we both loved the hexagons for this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Gorgeous background! Great take on the inspiration photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card are wonderful Thank you for sharing
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you came to visit me! I would love to hear your thoughts on my creations. It just makes my day! :)

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS